Le Cordon Bleu Important Information
Contact Us


Le Cordon Bleu International Studies

Attend Le Cordon Bleu 

International Studies

Le Cordon Bleu Non US Citizen

Cooking is an art form and international language shared by all who live by it. At Le Cordon Bleu, we embrace tradition, diversity and cultures and provide a community where you will become part of a family of those who speak, breath and live food.

Information for International Students Studying in the United States

We welcome students from abroad to study at select Le Cordon Bleu participating locations, experience the American culture and explore your creativity as you learn the way to a future that's anything but ordinary.

Our team is ready to help you get started, and to assist you in housing services and your adjustment to training in the United States.

To learn more about our programs, visit the participating campus’ home pages:

International Admissions Policy

International students who are eligible for the issuance of an I-20 may enroll directly into an Associates program at the Non-Resident tuition and fee level. All applicants must meet the requirements for admission indicated in the school’s catalog.

English Language Proficiency Policy

Students whose native language is not English and are enrolling in programs taught in English are required to provide proof of English proficiency. Please refer to the participating school catalog.

Admissions Requirements for Nonimmigrant Students

After you have been accepted to one of our participating schools, please notify your current institution of your intent to transfer to our institution and submit each of the following items:

  • A completed and signed Le Cordon Bleu College F-1 Transfer Form.
  • A photocopy of the I-20 from the school you are currently attending.
  • A photocopy of your passport and I-94 card.
  • Proof of financial support, which can be submitted in the form of an official statement or letter from the bank; or a letter of affidavit of support from a company or international sponsor.
  • When using the affidavit of support from a sponsor the I-134 must be filled out and filed with USCIS. You could obtain the I-134 Form at: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf
  • Spouse and dependent(s) information; name, birth date and country of birth each dependent will need their own I-20. Additional funding for spouse and dependents is required.

Change of Visa Status

If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. For instance, if you arrived here as a tourist but want to become a student, you must submit an application to change your status. We recommend that you apply as soon as you determine that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category.

Until you receive approval from USCIS, do not assume the status has been approved, and do not change your activity in the United States. For example, if you are currently a nonimmigrant tourist, do not begin attending school as a student until you have received authorization from USCIS to change your status. If you fail to maintain your nonimmigrant status, you may be barred from returning to and/or removed (deported) from the United States. Your authorized status and the date your status expires can be found in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.

If you are currently in the U.S. in another nonimmigrant status, there are two ways to obtain F-1 student status:

  • Travel Abroad Application to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) without departing the U.S. This process can take several months to process the application. You must apply for your change of status before you matriculate.
  • Students accepted who are in B1/B2, F-2, H-2 or E2 status must have an approved change of status to F-1 before matriculation. There must be enough time on a tourist visa to remain in the country during this process. Please contact your DSO immediately after your acceptance to discuss your plans for change in status.

If you intend to pursue full-time studies in the U.S., F-1 student status is appropriate.
The following documentation is required to submit your application for a change of non-immigrant status:

  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-Immigrant Status
  • $290.00 application fee, which could be processed on-line or by mail
  • Passport
  • I-94 card
  • Visa card

If an F-1 nonimmigrant student meets all federal regulator criteria, he or she may qualify for practical training experiences while enrolled or after graduation..

To learn more about our programs, visit the participating campus’ home pages:

Information for Students Studying Abroad (Le Cordon Bleu International)

Le Cordon Bleu International has expanded from its humble beginnings in 1895 to more than 35 schools in 15 countries.

Le Cordon Bleu offers Certificates to Masters Degrees in both the back and front of house with complementary courses in Sommelier, Boulangerie and Culinary Management. Le Cordon Bleu continues to keep up with an ever changing industry.

The culinary and hospitality industries require you to work your way through the ranks and Le Cordon Bleu is the perfect starting point to launch your career. Aspiring chefs focus on traditional French techniques that are the foundation for mastering a multitude of cuisines and styles. For the future manager of a hotel or restaurant our business degrees offer early exposure to the reality of the industry as they include one year of work experience.

Le Cordon Bleu Management degrees are entrepreneurial giving you the ability to think outside the box and work in different areas of hospitality, tourism and business. Students not only graduate to positions within hotels, resorts and restaurants but acquire the skills to open businesses, work for consultancy companies or pursue other hospitality-related careers.

Let Le Cordon Bleu open your international passport to an evolving world of passion, food and service.

Le Cordon Bleu Paris
Le Cordon Bleu London
Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide
Le Cordon Bleu Sydney
Le Cordon Bleu Melbourne
Le Cordon Bleu Tokyo
Le Cordon Bleu Kobe
Le Cordon Bleu Seoul
Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa
Le Cordon Bleu Mexico
Le Cordon Bleu Peru
Le Cordon Bleu Thailand
Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand
Le Cordon Bleu Madrid
Le Cordon Bleu Malaysia

Le Cordon Bleu Non US Citizen


Terms and Conditions

By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from Le Cordon Bleu via its mobile text message provider.  You may opt out of receiving messages by texting the word STOP to 94576, or simply reply with the word STOP to any text message you receive from Le Cordon Bleu.

While CEC or its mobile text message provider will not charge end users for receiving/responding to promotional messages, depending on the terms of your mobile phone plan, you may incur a cost from your mobile service carrier to receive and respond to any promotional text messages (standard messaging and data rates/fees and other charges may apply).  Charges will appear on your mobile phone bill or will be deducted from pre-paid amounts.  Current participating/supported carriers are: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, Element Wireless, Golden State Cellular, iWireless, Metro PCS, Nextel, nTelos, Plateau Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, and more.

Request More Info!

Tell us more about yourself and specify your campus and program of interest. An admissions representative will contact you to provide you with more information.

* = required fields

Step 1 of 2

Thank you!